twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

Do Cold Sores run anyone else's life-or am I just crazy?

I have gotten cold sores now for about 12 years and everytime I get an outbreak, it takes 2 weeks out of my life. I don't like going out in public because of low self confindence, I'm extremely paranoid about infecting other parts of my body. I have a toddler now and am EXTREMELY worried about infecting him. Obviously I would never kiss him with one, but I'm scared to hold him for fear he will touch it, I won't sleep with him, I won't even touch him without washing my hands. Everyone tells me I can't worry about things like that, but if I ever gave him the virus I don't think I could forgive myself. I don't really worry about him getting a cold sore, I worry about him touching the cold sore, cause he doesn't know any better and then infecting other parts of his body and have cold sores all over him - I know I'm a bit crazy, I do have OCD, but I was wondering if anyone else suffers through things like this. I read up on cold sores, and everything always seems to downplay them.
Answer:
Dear Bluevaughan,This is something that is out of your control. You are not responsible for acquiring this infection. It can happen to anyone. Statistics show that 1in every 3 persons are infected with the virus. The outbreaks can also be triggered by stress. Getting this virus was not a choice for you and unfortunately you cannot choose rather or not you pass it on to anyone. It is highly contagious; it can be spread by just shaking hands or touching a door-knob. The only way to eliminate this virus is to put those who are infected into isolation: 70% of America alone. Take reasonable precaution but, don't stop living, stop worrying again, the outbreaks are also triggered by stress. If you take my advice in time you will have much less outbreaks. Furthermore everyone has probably been exposed to this virus in one way or another; our immunity however, dictates rather or not one developes the disease.Take Care!
i get them all the time too! they drive me up the wall! yes, it ruins my life too!
your just crazy.How old are you?
Something I would try to help heal them, and possibly prevent them is S.T. 37. It is an oral antiseptic that helps with cold sores as well as other things, like burns and cuts. It works really well. When I've gotten them before, I used some of that and it was gone in 2 days. That stuff is a miracle!! Its typically found behind the pharmacy counter if they carry it. You will most likely have to ask them to order it for you. It's not a prescription drug...but not something they typically have in stock. It runs anywhere between $9.00-$13.00 for a 16oz. bottle. FYI: It works really good for sunburns too...
I have suffered for years and I now have a perscription for acyclavir that I take as soon as soon as I get an outbreak and it is gone in two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net