twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

Did anyone watch the show on Discovery Channel last night? Living With Cancer? A TV exec., Elizabeth Edwards

%26 Lance Armstrong talked about their battles with cancer. It was very good however interesting that they didn't mention anything about faith %26 prayer. They are rebroadcasting it again tonight. 1/2 million people/year die of cancer. I had never heard that no. before, sobering!
Answer:
It was incredibly touching.
Faith and prayer, are not a cure for cancer.
Damn I missed that. Do you know what time it is going to be on tonight...My husband has had Cancer twice and has been lucky enough to beat it both times. The last time was a month ago..
My cousin died of Breast Cancer at the age of 46. Her mother died of brain cancer at the age of 50.My father died in 1999 of Lung Cancer. So far at 70 I have been Cancer free.But I would love to watch that program..
Faith and prayers may keep some people's spirits strong but, they have no effectiveness against cancer. Faith and prayers are unrelated to cancer. It is personal choice whether you choose to have faith or pray.
Very interesting broadcast, but I'm uncertain that anyone except those affected by cancer watched it.Discovery: Living with Cancer
http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/kop...I also wished they had touched on children and young adults living with cancer. Also the role of caregiver was not addressed. I understand there were limitations about what they could cover in a documentary, but wish that more could have been done.I was impressed with Leroy Sievers story and thought it covered the uncertain roller coaster ride that cancer patients face on a daily basis.Leroy Sievers Blog
http://www.npr.org/blogs/mycancer/index.Overall I would highly recommend the documentary and the following roundtable discussion with Lance Armstrong and Elizabeth Edwards. The questions asked by the audience were focused and subsequent answers thoughtful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net