twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

Diet plan for person suffering from pancreatitis...if somebody could help me with that?


Answer:
Please email my friend, Liz at eacrombie@yahoo.com who had chronic pancreatitis and had pancreas removed and had her islete cells transferred to her liver. (she wants to speak with you). My friend had acute pancreatitis that turned into chronic pancreaitis. She was hospitalized every time, and every time the enzyme level elevated higher 1500-2500, permanently damaging her pancreas. She just had the whole thing removed, yes, you heard me right. Click on my profile (just click on my pick), go to my answered questions, under the one on pancreas. Read what I wrote, then email me. I will have you two talk to each other (my friend who had the procedure done). I know that they had to put her on digestive enzymes (prescription grade of course). I feel for you, I know what she went through for five years. I am praying for you as well right this moment. God bless you....
Several places to get one on ask.com
Ironically, I've just come back a couple of hours ago from the ICU, a friend of ours passed away from complications of acute pancreatitis. I won't go into the diet stuff, but will tell you this because I was not aware of my friend's case until she was in theatre and therefore could not give her family this advice:If someone is suffering from acute pancreatitis, they should be admitted. The management is to place them on IV fluids for rehydration, rest the digestive system (parenteral feeding), and if needed, prophylactic antibiotics. Don't risk it. I found out that our friend was mismanaged from the beginning and discharged, leading to the pancreas bursting and subsequent sepsis and multiorgan failure.Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net