twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

Do allergy medicine make your mouth dry?


Answer:
Yes, because it dries up all the water in your body. It's called a diuretic, and is not at all good for you. Make sure you're drinking lots of water when you're on your medication.
Mine does.
Sure do. That is a common side effect of most allergy medicines. It is supposed to dry up runny nose and watery eyes, and as such, everything sort of dries up.
Yes because they also dry up your mucous. keep your fluids up and you will be okay..
yes, drink plenty of water.
yeah allergy medications containing antihistamines do, and they arent diuretics, they have what are called anti-cholinergic properties. anti-cholinergics also speed your heart up, make you constipated and make it more diffiicult to urinate (usuually only old people notice those though). claritan has the least of these effects of the over the counter antihistamines, in my opinion benadryl and nyquil are probably the worst (but theyare the most effective since they dry your nose up in addition to blocking histamines). im a big fan of chlor-trimeton (chlorophenerimine) because its kind of a happy medium
Yes. For the same reasons many posters answered.However, if you are on allergy medication long-term, the side effect will diminish, if not disapper all together.I've been taking Allegra-D for years now. I am supposed to take 2 a day, but due to the thirst, and light-headiness feeling, I only take one.
My ears have a tendency to collect fluid, and the Allegra-D has stopped my ear infections. If I stop taking the Allegra-D, BOOM ear infection.Claritin, and other allergy medicines (Benadryll) made me tired. I'd rather be thirsty than tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net