twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

Diabetics >>>?

my wife started taking inj 5 days ago 10 cc 3day now 15 for 3 sugar still staying 260 is not coming down. is this norm.Thanks for alls help
Answer:
Can't say with the info you offer..what kind of insulin and whether she is taking any other oral meds. Is she on Lantus? Sometimes the doctor orders an increase of 2 cc each night until blood sugars get below 110-120. That increase may go up to 500cc and then you may be looking at an insulin pump!!The main thing I noticed was I felt that since I was injecting, that the insulin would "take care of it" and I could eat anything I wanted- until I controlled my intake of carbohydrates I saw no change. Exercise needs to increase and up quantity of water.
It depends on the type of insulin she's taking. If her sugars are still elevated she needs to contact her doctor because they have insulins that lower blood sugars within 5 minutes.
that number is too high normal is 110/120. i use novolog mix70/30 and check my sugar levels before %26 after eating i usually take 15-80cc before eating and is working very well for me. my doctor prescribed novolog cause is very fast acting. if your wife is taking humulin n the best thing is to take a little higher dose in the morning before eating then stay with10-15cc at the afternoon remember that food turns into sugar and if her sugar is already high is gonna be harder to control.she needs to check her sugar before eating, if this advise dosent work please seek professional help. a family member never did that and now she is going through a very difficult time with her health.i had a miscarriage for not taking care of my sugar level. i hope this advise helps you goodluck
When I first started on injections there's a grace period. Her body needs to take time to get used to the fact that now she has insulin, and the doctors I went to started me out slow, that way you dont have low sugars constantly, just give it some time, her doctors should keep an eye on her sugars and they will adjust her insulin so that he sugars gradually come down, cause you know too much insulin is bad when you never had any for a while. Let her body get used to the fact that its got insulin now. Hope this helps. Good luck!
She needs to contact her doctor as soon as she can to get his advise. She also needs to make sure she is eating properly! No really sodas and not alot of carbs or sugars. Whatever you do please do not change her med unless the doctor tells you too! Also get a diabetic educator! They so rock! I have 24 hour access to mine any time of day for if I have a problem and need help. They also are more qualified with adjusting meds and giving her a calculation of how many carbs she should have per meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net