twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

Diabetic dog I need help plz?

My dog has just been diagnosed with diabetes, this is hard for me but we will cope the only thing is I gave him his food today at 8am his jab at 8.15am now does that mean his next meak must be tonight the same time or can it be earlier as I know the jab must be the same time 8.15pm just not sure about the food time plz help guys he is so hungery already cheers lyn
Answer:
Hiya Lyn,It's difficult for dogs cos you cant just do blood tests like you can with humans! It all depends on the type of insulin he's got, but I think that most animals have 2 injections a day, 12 hours apart, and it sounds like that's what he's got? This would be a medium acting insulin so he should be fine to have some food during the day too cos with this type of insulin (though I really only know in humans!) acts for 12 hours so he should be able to eat between injections - infact if he's v hungry then he might need it cos it could be a sign his blood sugar is low (though that's less likely cos he's newly diagnosed).
Hope that helps - good luck xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net