twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

Diabetics: while buying SOCKS what are the features you look for?


Answer:
Since being diagnosed, I buy the socks that have extra cushioning. This is especially important to me as I currently walk 30+ miles per week.
they cannot be tight fitting and in most cases they should be made of 100 percent cotton. I buy socks that are made specifically for diabetics for my father and they are non-constricting in the ankles, I also sometimes buy him the ankle high socks this way the sock isn't tight around the calf. Hope this helps
For ANYONE buying socks I would suggest you get cotton simply because they breathe and keep your feet from becoming moist. Make sure they are not binding or if a person has problems with edema, you'd want to find socks that do not have elastic in the top of them. OR...as so many people do, you can cut the top off to prevent restriction of blood and fluid to the feet. I would also suggest you be aware that some all cotton socks have a very rough texture inside; avoid these. I happen to think tube socks are better...and seem softer. If any sock developes a hole in it, discard it immediately as it can really effect the way a shoe fits; and especially for a diabetic, can cause problems. Great question that helps others! Thanks for asking! Godloveya.
The right colors to match my outfits.
Socks without seams. Anything that may irratate your feet, such as toe and heel seams are bad if you have diabetes. The reason is that you can rub a blister on your feet and if it gets infected, you've got trouble. They do sell socks for diabetics. Not everyone carries them, but they are seamless.
you need to wear white socks made of cotton, that breaths well. try not to wear colored socks the dye can cause sores on your feet to get infected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net