twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

Did I have and anxiety or panic attack?

I woke up around 2:30 this morning feeling light headed short of breath and my heart was beating so fast and so hard that thought it might stop!! I got really scared after of couple minutes of this and thought there was something seriously wrong. I sat down and took some really deep breaths and it started to slow down and as it was slowing down my arms and chest felt real warm and sorta tingly. I had no pain though. I tested my sugar and it was good. I think I was having a anxiety or panic attack?? Is it possible to be awaken from your sleep with and anxiety or panic attack??
Answer:
Maybe you have adrenal fatigue.
A panic attack often begins abruptly, peaks within 10 minutes and lasts about half an hour. But panic attacks have many variations! They may last hours or, on rare occasions, up to a day. You may feel fatigued and worn out after a panic attack subsides.Signs and symptoms may include: * Rapid heart rate
* Sweating
* Trembling
* Shortness of breath and hyperventilation
* Chills
* Hot flashes
* Nausea
* Abdominal cramping
* Chest pain
* Headache
* Dizziness
* Faintness
* Tightness in your throat
* Trouble swallowing
* A sense of impending deathOther health problems 鈥?such as an impending heart attack, an overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism) or drug withdrawal 鈥?can cause similar signs and symptoms.People who experience panic attacks often are affected by other mental health conditions, including depression, fear of public places (agoraphobia) and social phobia.I hope this helps! Personally, I feel that what you experienced was a panic attack. If you already have anxiety problems, then it was definitely a panic attack! Perhaps go to the doctor to be sure, eh?
Maybe it was a panic attack. When you get a panic attack you kind of feel like you are dying. You start to breathe too fast and it is really hard to control your breathing and you feel as though you are experiencing something that is unreal. With the had and arm thing maybe you were hyperventilating-that usually causes the hands and arms to numb and when it is under control your hands and arms slowly start to get back to normal.
You could have an irregular heart rhythm called atrial fibrillation. The deep breaths that you took could have caused a vagal reaction and slowed you down. If you notice it again you should see a cardiologist and wear a monitor for thirty days to find out what is going on. This is a very treatable condition. It also could have been a panic attack or night terror.
I've had the same thing happen to me. One minute i am happily aseep and then have woken up in a body functional crisis! if that's one way to describe this. Symptons being fast heart rate and confusion.
Firstly it is anxiety and is not harmful if only happens occasionally meaning i would really talk to a doctor if happens regulary and during the day.
For me it happened while asleep and why? Because i am a shift worker who studies aswell so my body clock is out of whack alot and when i don't sleep enough (feeling jet-lagged daily) and add stress aswell, then i have felt anxiety. Everything has to have balance, enough exercise, (this helps tremendously with anxiety) good diet, enough sleep and mental rest!
I will mention to you i took a supplement to help tone my adrenals as these glands are constantly overworked when a person is tired and suffering anxiety. I swear by it has helped me feel balanced again... it is called Adreno Tone, you will have to get this from a naturopath.
Good luck with it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net