twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

Diet for celiac and TB sufferers?

I have a friend who is not sure about any special dietary do's and don'ts for tb/celiac suffers. She seems to react to mild spices, any ideas?
Answer:
Some spices that are purchased "pre-ground" are mixed with wheat flour to prevent caking. Other than that, check out the safe and forbidden foods lists at www.celiac.com
my mum suffers from celiac and has to stay away from wheat, barley, rhye and oats.xxxx
avoid anything with gluten in it ,i had a list of things from celiac uk try googling to find what she can/can't have
I know that diary is not good for TB, as it aggravates the respiratory system. So avoiding dairy would be a good start.
For calcium, these foods have more ratio to ratio, than milk:
quinoa, amaranth (pop like pop-corn)%26 or rice milk with added calcium (please c link for more info:
http://www.whatreallyworks.co.uk/start/k...Also, I also saw this info on the celiac website: they mention that rice is the safest to eat %26 the common list of forbidden grains is: wheat, rye, barley and oats (although oats is not yet donfirmed).
http://www.celiac.com/st_prod.html?p_pro...
I am a celiac... I can NOT have any type of gluten at all! Gluten is pretty much in everything!! Foods that are rice based, and rice flour are what I have to supplement. Fruits, %26 vegetables of any kind are ok. The diet is difficult to get used to, however IT WORKS, The Really Great food company
www.celiac.com
www.glutenfreemall.com
Good luck. I know nothing about TB but I have lived on a gluten free diet since 1999 and operate a web blog designed to help people in my situation. I don't think I'm supposed to use this site to advertise my site but if you'll e-mail I can give you at least some of the information you need. As for your question about spices, it will not be difficult to avoid spicy food on the gluten free diet. Paul [pc5555@gmail.com]
All great answers! I do not know the TB side of it either. I suggest she speak with a GI doc who can consult with the doc who treats her TB.
Here are some more helpful sites:www.celiac.com
www.celiac.org
www.celiaccentral.org
www.csaceliacs.orgThanks, Amy Chairperson Louisiana NS Celiac Sprue Association

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net