twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Do I have a stomach ulcer?

Hi, I have been having problems with my stomach for about two years now. After everything I eat, even gum, I get sharp stomach pains for about 3 hours until I go to the bathroom(number 2 *cough*), and when I do go to the bathroom it's usually really bad diarrhea. This is especially bad if I eat anything in the morning. I usually have to wait 3 hours after waking up to eat so I don't get sick like this. If I don't use the restroom my stomach pains will get so bad that if I even more I feel like crying. I also get extremely bloated. I have gone to the doctor but they haven't gotten anything that could be wrong. The prescribed me Prilosec but that doesn't do much. It gives me bad pains in my lower abdomen when I have to pee and makes me do that every 3 hours or so. Which isn't normal for me at all. Help?
Answer:
I encourage to go to an allergist %26 have them test you for food allergies. I had a similar problem. Mine progressed to the point of bloody stools. I was even anemic. I had one doctor tell me that I had internal hemorrhoids, another said a torn sphincter ( I know, to much info), but both were incorrect. As it turned out, I had wheat %26 yeast allergies. Once eliminated from my diet, all the symptons disappeared and have had no problems for 15+ years.
Sounds like irritable bowel syndrome but it could be some sort of food allergy, do you drink milk or tap water? If so an allergy test may be helpful or a bacteria test for your water. Perhaps a stool analysis would be helpful to diagnose your problem.
Hello =)You might want to arrange a consult with a Gastrointestinal doctor to do an endoscope. That way, it will make the diagnosis easier. Actually personally I feel that it's not painful as some people make it to be. Just a little uncomfortable. You may want to consider gastritis (inflammation of the stomach lining) if you feel bloated only after a meal. Alternatively, you can ask your doctor do a blood test to check for a bacteria helicobacter pylori. It's less of a hassle and alot more cheaper.Hope you get well soon. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net