twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Do I have Bronchitis?

Ok, my hubby has been sleeping with the fan on us at night and it has made my sinuses go crazy. Well this morning I woke up and my chest felt really congested, my nose holes (where the sinuses drain) are sore and my nose is JACKED! When I cough, mucus comes up from my chest, but it's really bad in the morning and my chest hurts some as well as the very bottom of my throat, not like a soar throat, but a congested feeling right above my sternum. I do not have health insurance and can't afford to see a doctor. Give me a diagnosis and any home remedies would be GREAT! I drink tons of water on a daily basis and I work out at the gym 5x a week, so I'm getting the water and exercise. I also take a multi-vitamin and Vitamin C daily. HELP!!!!
Answer:
the fan could just have stirred up allergens and the congestion is just your body trying to clear out the crap you breathed in. Go to your local pharmacy and buy benadryl, and mucinex-D. Take the benadryl at night and the mucinex during the day with plenty of water. Cut down on the dairy products and the trips to the gym to only 2-3 days so your body can get extra rest to heal.
Have your husband cup his hands and pound on your back a couple times a day. This will help loosen the congestion. If you become feverish you should see a Dr. for a chest film and possibly anitbiotics.
You need some relaxation. If you can't get a prescription, than drinking green tea and resting a lot will help cure it. Don't work out until you are feeling o.k.
Try a humidifier. The fan is to keep you cool but will also dry the air out and then we have problems with congestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net